



Each year, our 4th of July tradition is to meet up with about 3-5 of our friends and drive to Boulder City (15 min. from home; Home of Hoover Dam) and watch the Boulder Parade, drive back to our place and swim, eat a huge amount of food, take naps, and then go back to Boulder for fireworks! It is an incredibly long day, but ohhhhhh sooooo much fun!
This year we celebrated the holiday with 5 our friends and Grandma and Grandpa. At the parade it was fun to be able to see some old friends and even the Torgesons (a dear family of 10 kids that Jen grew up with in Houston!) At the pool, Scott got all of the Dads involved in several water competitions. They raced over anything, from holding their breath to chicken fights with their kids on the shoulders! They had a BLAST! We had over 15 kids in our backyard for lunch! There was tons of laughter and lots of great food! It was terrific!
I will forever enjoy fireworks. Boulder City does an amazing firework show and this year was no different. I absolutely love watching the kids curl up with their grandparents. Mom and I inevitably Uhhh and Ahhh at the exact same time. It was another fabulous 4th!
2 comments:
I miss the Boulder City fireworks!!
Maybe I just miss the people!!
We spend the 4th with the power out watching lightenign and thunder, quite a party!!
Dang cute kids girl...they must take after their mama!
love you tons
Ah yes...the fireworks of Boulder City. It brings back many a memory and a glistening tear to the eye.
Too bad I missed most of it due to the giggling young women. (ok....so they have kids of their own) I also seem to recall the fireworks being eclipsed by a pregnant woman. (maybe my timing is wrong)
Alas, maybe another year.
Post a Comment